Tuesday, February 5, 2019

Tennis Season

Tonight I took Cam to tennis and was impressed with how well he played.  He had moved up to the high school league this year and it has been fun to watch him compete.  At the end of practice he found out that they will be offering a match play singles tournament for the boys.  He was very interested in that.

As I watched Cam play I kept getting updates from Doug at sectionals.  The Bruins got off to a rough start and just never recovered.  The only upside to their loss would be that Meg would soon be out on the court with Cameron.  I have never been much of a sports mom, but I definitely enjoy watching them participate in tennis.  Playing time is based on ability and records, so I feel that my children have more control over their position on the team.  Unlike golf, one bad shot or game generally will not determine the outcome of the match.  Strategy is an important part of tennis and it is so much fun watching them battle on the court, especially in a long rally or a close match.  Can't wait for the season to officially begin next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment