Thursday, February 21, 2019

Feeling a Little Better

I woke Meg up at 2:30 this morning so that she could take her inflammation medication.  She did well with it, but was up at 4:30 with a stomach ache.  Doug suggested mashed potatoes which helped, but when I checked on her at 6:30 she was still awake as her mouth was hurting.  Tylenol and ice seemed to do the trick and by the time I got back from taking Cam to school she was zonked out.  I took advantage of the quiet morning to take a nap.  Yesterday had been exhausting and I didn't get much sleep last night.  When my alarm went off an hour after I laid down I wasn't even sure where I was.  Meg was still sound asleep as well, but I decided to wake her up to take her next dose of medication and to do her mouth rinse.  She felt a lot better, which I was glad to hear.  

The rest of the day was a quiet one.  She definitely had improved from yesterday.  She was glad that the numbness was gone and that the anesthesia had worn off.  She spent most of her time working on friendship bracelets and watching Lilo & Stitch.  She did finish a couple of homework assignments before Nick arrived.  

Cameron decided to go to the last middle school girls' basketball game after school.  They had their own version of Silent Night.  Cam was asked to make a poster for one of the girls.  Doug picked him up after the game and then got pizza for dinner.  Meg was bummed that she didn't get to eat any, but we had plenty for her with scrambled eggs and hash browns on tonight's menu.  She went straight to bed when Nick left as she was exhausted.  Overall, she did pretty well for the day after her surgery.  I was so happy to have this procedure behind us.  It was a big endeavor for her.  Glad that she was on the mend.  

No comments:

Post a Comment