Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Here Comes the Sun

Today we had a special treat.  The sun made a rare appearance.  Although the temperature didn't rise much above 32 degrees, it felt warmer and looked brighter than it had in quite some time.  I took advantage of the sunshine to walk outside this afternoon.  For most of my journey I was able to take my hood and gloves off.  That was very nice.  There was still quite a bit of snow on the sidewalks, so I used the  streets in our neighborhood to get in 6000 steps before arriving back home.

Tonight Cam had chess after school today in preparation for their regional tournament this coming Saturday.  I picked him up when it was over and then met Meg at Subway in Milford so that they could continue on to tennis.  Doug and I went to dinner once he got home.  He had work to do this evening, but not quite as much as last night.  He decided that he would drive us to Meg's oral surgery tomorrow due to the predicted snow and freezing rain.  I appreciated his offer to do that.  It was so nice not to have to worry about the weather today, but it looks like, unfortunately, that will soon be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment