Friday, February 8, 2019

Girls Night Out

Paula texted me a couple of days ago to see if I was up for a girls night out to celebrate Mary and Cherie's 50th birthdays.  I was glad to have received an invite as our weekend was clear of commitments.  Meg dropped me off at Paula's around 5 p.m. and we headed to Mary's to pick her up. Kris Woodard rode with us as well.  It was nice to catch up with her and hear about her new position in the sheriff's office.  It did make me miss Cayle, however.

We ate dinner at Le Troje in Warsaw.  It wasn't my favorite restaurant to eat at, but the company made it well worth while.  Cherie, Betsy and Wendy met us there as well and we all enjoyed several hours of lively conversation.  There were a lot of stories about school which only made me happier that I had resigned last Spring.  Being with everyone, however, did make me miss my favorite coworkers.  We ended the evening with presents for the newly crowned fifty year olds.  Mine  was the traditional wine and chocolate.  Paula's made everyone laugh as it contained items such as Silver Centrum vitamins and "mature age" skin cream to name a few.  It was a great way to end a fun evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment