Friday, February 22, 2019

Trying to Return to Normal

Meg and I both tried to get back to a normal routine today and for the afternoon and part of the evening we succeeded.  She woke up at 5:30 a.m. as her mouth was in intense pain.  Ice and Tylenol made a difference and by the time I got back from taking Cameron, she was fast asleep.  The plan was for her to get up around ten and try to go to school.  She really wanted to make it to senior night for the boys' basketball game this evening.  We realized that she couldn't really go to the game if she didn't at least make it to part of the school day.  When I checked on Meg at ten she was awake.  She said that she felt quite a bit better and wanted to try a half day.  I was impressed as I knew that she felt horrible earlier this morning.  It took awhile for her to get ready, but she made it to Bible class before lunch.  Once I dropped her off I decided to stay in Goshen.  That way if she called I'd be close by Bethany.

I spent the rest of the day shopping, washing the van, walking at the Concord Mall and reading Harry Potter.  It was so nice to be out of the house and to have the sun shining.  I found some St. Patrick's Day decorations for our front porch at Hobby Lobby and also stocked up on groceries at Walmart.  There was a long line at the car wash, but it went pretty quickly once I paid.  I even had time to vacuum out the van.  I pulled into the Bethany parking lot a half hour early.  As soon as I got there Meg texted me to let me know that she was lightheaded.  I had bought some squeezable applesauce.  She came out to the van to grab some before heading back into Spanish.

Meg rested after school until Nick stopped by to pick her up for the game.  They spent some time dressing for the Frat night theme.  Meg had made Keshawn a poster yesterday that they needed to take with them.  The SGA bought a root beer keg and planned ice cream floats for everyone.  Meg was excited about the night as she had help come up with the idea.  During the game Nick and Alistar lead a PROM cheer in which Nick asked Meg to PROM.  It was a great idea and she really liked it.  After the game everyone went to Culver's to celebrate.  Meg was exhausted and in pain when she got home, but she was very glad to have gone.



While Meg and Nick were there, Cam went with Avery and Kaden to the movies.  They had decided to see How to Train Your Dragon the Hidden World.  Cam really liked it.  Doug and I went to dinner at Constant Springs while we waited.  He's had a very stressful week and it was nice to just relax for a couple of hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment