Wednesday, February 27, 2019

A Little Bit Better

Today started off rotten, but it did improve greatly by the end of the day.  Last night Cam stayed up late to watch IU beat Wisconsin in double overtime.  It was a big win and Cam was happy about it.  This morning, however, it was tough for him to get out of bed.  I knew this would be a problem, so I woke him up and turned on his light.  As I heard the shower going, I assumed he was getting ready.  At 7:15 Meg came down and asked me why Cam was still in the shower.  I ran upstairs and found the shower running and Cameron sound asleep with the lights on in his room.  I was able to get him up, but realized that Meg would be late to the breakfast with Clinton Christian.  I decided to leave Cam and figure that out later.  Meg made it to school in time for donuts.  I called Mom to see if she could bring Cam.  Thankfully, she was willing.  We had to leave Meg's car there for the afternoon anyway, so in the end it worked out just fine and Cam was in class by 8:15 a.m.

I spent the rest of the day working on our 2018 photo album.  Shutterfly had a special that included free unlimited pages that ended this evening.  I would save $55 if I finished it today, so I decided to try and get it done.  Last night I didn't think that was possible, but by six o'clock I was happy to have completed the last page.  Normally, Doug or Meg would preview an album for me before I ordered it.  Since neither were available my Mom came up to look through it.  That gave my Dad and Cam a chance to play some pool.  In the end she thought it looked great and I was glad to check that off my list.

Meg went to dinner with Jackie after school today.  She then went to KeShawn's for a gathering with the entire senior class.  She said that it went well.  She felt sad for his mother, but Meg could now talk about him without crying.  She spent most of the time looking at pictures with Izzy.  She was home by 7:30 and had good news to share.  Nick passed the test for his pilot's license.  We were all very happy for him.  What a wonderful achievement, especially with all that has happened this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment