Monday, February 11, 2019

Calm Before the Storm

We woke up to slick roads once again this morning.  As Wawasee had a two hour delay and Doug said the roads were iffy, we decided to have Cam and Meg go in as a delay since Bethany offers that as a choice.  By waiting, Meg was able to drive in on clear roads.  I asked her to made sure that she headed straight home after piano as another ice storm was forecasted for this evening.

I spent the rest of my day cleaning.  I have found that if I do so on Mondays the house stays cleaner longer, at least to me.  The rest of the Heinisch family would say that since I have chosen to stay home that it is only me who thinks the house is ever dirty.  Regardless of need, between the cleaning and the shoveling today my back was ready for a rest this evening.

Cam and Meg made it home safely after piano.  Meg worked on homework the rest of the night.  Doug came home to eat dinner and then went to the Knights for their monthly meeting.  I decided that it was the perfect evening to watch "Remember the Titans" with Cam.   He agreed as there weren't any Big Ten games on tonight.  He actually like it a lot better than he thought he would.  He didn't cry at the end, but I sure did.

No comments:

Post a Comment