Wednesday, January 25, 2023

So Many Choices

One of the best parts about visiting Ocala is all of the different shopping plazas and restaurants that they have.  It is such a sharp contrast to what there is in Syracuse.  No matter how many times we have visited, I’ve never grown tired of all that the city has to offer.  As an added bonus, I love the fact that we can eat outside more days of the year as well.  

This week’s visit was no different.  I didn’t do a lot of shopping this trip, but we did eat at several restaurants.  Monday night was McAllister’s; Tuesday took us to Beef O’Brady’s; tonight’s dinner was at Bonefish Grill and tomorrow we made plans to go to Tijuana Flats.  

Phil agreed to three of the nights which added to the fun and the conversation.  From 1980s movies to 1970s music to family memories, I enjoyed listening to Doug and Phil talk.  I found out that Doug was Phil’s moral compass when they were with others, reminding him multiple times that he was “being rude.”  I also got a kick out of their memories of television at Grandpa Brucker’s home.  Doug remembered Bradley basketball games and Phil talked of Magnum P.I. episodes that Grandpa taped for them on his new VCR.  Delicious food and a walk down memory lane was definitely a perk to our Florida trip.  

No comments:

Post a Comment