Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Faux Windows and Door Knobs

Out of all of the projects that we have worked on since the new year began, I am most proud of two of them.  The first, my Dad and I worked on this week as he taught me how to replace door knobs on the inside of our house.  We had a little hiccup to start.  The inside mechanism of the new locks that I bought did not quite fit into the door frame.  A little pounding helped us solve the problem and we only got locked in the bedroom once while we were working on them.  After replacing two door knobs, I was able to do the rest on my own.  I still have a few to finish, but the ones that have been completed look so much better than the corroded brass door knobs that were there previously.

The second project was my favorite one so far.  After we finished painting the stairwell in December, I realized that the faux windows looked very plain.  I wasn't quite sure what I wanted to do with that space, so I started looking at ideas on Amazon.  I found something that I thought would work, so I decided to try it.  For $25 and a little bit of time, the windows looked fantastic.  It gave purpose to the faux windows and a little bit of color to a very white space.  







No comments:

Post a Comment