Tuesday, January 24, 2023

Festival of the Arts

After I dropped Brett off at the airport yesterday, I had some time to stop by EPCOT before I had to get back to Ocala to pick up Doug.  Recently, EPCOT had added Festival of the Arts to its yearly activities and I really wanted to check it out.  I also wanted to pick up the Dumbo magnet that they were giving to annual pass holders and a birthday gift for Brett. 

I had about two hours to walk through the park after picking up my magnet.  As I walked through all of the countries, I checked out the art festival booths.  There were a lot more than I thought that there would be.  Some had Disney art, others had jewelry and a few had pop art.  Thomas Kinkade had two booths filled with artwork that matched several of our puzzles.  I loved looking at all of the art.  It reminded me of the street fair in Bloomington over Labor Day weekend.  

There were food booths set up in each of the countries as well.  There weren't quite as many as the Food & Wine Festival, but there were still a lot of choices.  It reminded me of the food offered during the Flower  Garden Festival.  I did not eat anything, but took pictures of the menus for Doug in case he wanted to try it sometime.  

While in the countries, I picked up a gift for Brett's birthday from Meg.  She had seen it on a Disney blog and knew that he would like it.  I also decided to buy a Figment popcorn bucket.  Meg and I had talked about getting one for awhile and Brett thought it was a great idea as well.  Cameron and Doug told me that I was lame, but I bought one anyway.  I was surprised by how many other guests had one.  Figment was the mascot of the festival and it was fun seeing all of the merchandise featuring him.  

My last stop of the day was the Gran Fiesta Tour.  It had been hard to get into the Mexican Pavillon lately and I wanted to ride it if possible.  Thankfully, the crowds were light and I was able to get a picture of the three caballeros for Meg before I left.  It was definitely a quick trip at EPCOT, but a fun one nonetheless. 









 


No comments:

Post a Comment