Sunday, January 8, 2023

Starting to Feel Motivated

I woke up a lot more motivated today than I did yesterday.  I don't know if I got more sleep or just felt better about being back in Indiana.  Today, I was able to cut Doug's hair, work on Cal's Lego for Ebay, finish all of the bedding and towels from Christmas break, and do Cameron's laundry.  I even had time to go to my parents and help them fix the driver's side door, overhead lights and set the clock in their car.  While I was busy, Doug was able to accomplish a lot for work as well.

Today wasn't all about working.  We did have time to watch the Seahawks vs Rams football game with Cameron.  Unfortunately, the Seahawks won in overtime, eliminating the Lions from the playoffs.  Cameron was disappointed, but thankfully Alina arrived just as the game ended.  That definitely took the sting out of the loss.  They enjoyed looking through the photo albums while watching the first quarter of the Lions vs Packers game.

I talked to Meg, Brett and Cal today as well.  Meg was busy getting ready for the start of her last semester.  She cleaned her apartment, went grocery shopping, organized her classes on Canvas, attended mass and hung out with Brett.  Brett enjoyed talking with Meg before going to 9 p.m. mass.  He had a lot to share.  Cal's work week went well and tonight he relaxed by watching the movie True Romance.  Doug and I took his suggestion of watching Gone Girl with Ben Affleck.  We realized while we were watching it that we had seen it before or at least parts of it, but didn't remember any of it.  It was really good and we made plans to finish it tomorrow night as Doug needed to get some sleep before starting his work week tomorrow.  

As soon as Doug went up, Cameron came down to finish the Lions game with me.  Detroit was up by 4 with less than four minutes to go.  It looked as though the Packers would have plenty of time to score the go ahead touch down when Aaron Rodgers threw an interception.  We were both excited to see that.  The Lions had to keep the ball in their possession for the next three minutes to secure a win and did so on a gutsy fourth down play.  Cameron and I were both thrilled to see the Packers eliminated from the playoffs.  He was already talking about the Lions' chances next year and where he will be able to see them play in person next year.  I loved his enthusiasm and will remain hopeful for both the Lions and Bears in the 2023 season as Chicago secured the first pick of the NFL draft by losing today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment