Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Thankful for Airpods

I spent quite a bit of today on my phone.  Meg called multiple times during the day to let me know how her first couple of days were going and which friends she had already caught up with since returning to Bloomington.  She also talked a lot about Run Rose Run, which she finished today.  She liked that it had a twist at the end, but thought the beginning was way too long for the quick finish.  I agreed with her completely.

Meg wasn't the only one that I talked to today.  Cameron called after his appointment with Dr. Phil.  It was the last one for him for awhile and Cameron felt very good about it.  I appreciate how hard he has worked during the fall semester on his emotional health.  I knew that it would be challenging, but glad to see him make so much progress.  

Doug called right after I finished eating lunch.  He had a really interesting situation happen at work which had kept him on the phone all morning.  It definitely wasn't the first problem that he had had to get involved with as a CFO, but it was unique.  Hopefully, it will be solved soon.

I talked to Brett for well over an hour this afternoon.  We had set aside this afternoon to go over everything that he needed to do for the cruise.  I can't believe how complicated it has been to follow.  With the directions on what to wear on which days, what to bring, how to set up an expense account, drink plans, excursions, and much more, I can see why Brett wanted someone to verify what he was reading.  We stopped after an hour when we realized that he would still need to contact Carnival about his boarding pass.

With all of the time on the phone today with the Heinisch family and a couple of phone calls with my parents, I was very happy to have fully charged AirPods to wear.  They have been one of the best purchases.  Wearing ear buds connected to my phone have freed up my hands to do other projects while talking.  Today with help from my AirPods, I could keep the conversations going which still feeding my birds, making beds, putting away photos and organizing all of the snowmen tubs in the basement.  I didn't quite finish everything before Doug got home, but definitely got a lot done.  

Thankfully, tonight, no one needed to talk to me on the phone as Doug really wanted to watch a 1955 French film entitled "Les Diabolique."  It had subtitles, so I definitely had to pay attention.  It was worth it as we both really liked the twists and turns throughout the movie.  It was compared to Psycho as they came out around the same time.  I could see that and enjoyed it a lot more than I thought that I would.  

No comments:

Post a Comment