Sunday, November 24, 2019

The Yard has Never Looked Better

Since we came home last night Doug had all day to rake leaves.  I know that it wasn't his favorite activity, but I appreciated it very much.  There weren't a lot of leaves, since our neighbors picked up a large batch of them in early November.  The ones we had, however, were spread throughout the yard and it was definitely a time consuming project.  When Doug and I left for dinner tonight he said that our yard had never looked better during this time of the year.  I couldn't have agreed more.

While Doug was busy with leaves, I unpacked everything from our trip to Bloomington.  We had a lot of wet items, but that didn't compare to how many I had left in Brett's Civic.  I got Meg's laundry done as well and still had time to meet her and Jackie at Bethany to watch Pride and Prejudice.  It was entertaining, just a little long.  The play cut out a lot of the plot, but kept the wordy dialogue.  I enjoyed that, but it was confusing to the girls, so I was glad that I was there to interrupt the speeches.

Cameron kept himself busy today with homework and watching football.  He was successful with both as he finished what he was working on and both the Bears and Patriots won.  We asked him if he wanted to go to dinner tonight, but he wanted to stay home.  He was ready for cards when we got back, so we called my parents up for a game of Oh Hell.  Cam absolutely destroyed us and my Dad took the Angry Bird back to his house.  It was a relaxing way to finish an exhausting day.

No comments:

Post a Comment