Saturday, November 16, 2019

Happy Birthday to Me!

My 51st birthday celebration started early as Jen took me out to dinner last night in honor of the big day.  I chose Down Under for our meal and we had a nice time catching up.  Jen brought me not only a bottle of win, but a lot of information on what she had been up to these past few months.  It was a great night to go out as Doug was busy with County Council and Cam was at Grandma and Grandpa's playing cards.

The celebration continued today with well wishes from each of my children, texts from family and friends and a lot of birthday posts on FaceBook.  Doug offered to take me out to lunch and I was happy to meet him.  He chose Tap and Dine in downtown Elkhart and we both enjoyed the food and conversation.  He had been extremely busy with work this week, so it was especially nice to spend time with him.  I had a couple of hours after lunch to do some shopping.  I really wanted a wall clock to replace ours that kept losing time.  I didn't find what I wanted, but I did get a lot of steps in and bought some cute fall items at Hobby Lobby.

We had talked about going out to dinner tonight, but the three of us were afraid that it would be too crowded since it was a Friday night.  Instead we ordered pizza from sleepy Owl and invited my parents up for a night of cards.  After we ate, I opened my gifts.  My parents gave me money to put toward a clock.  Even though I couldn't find one, I planned on continuing my search.  They also gave me some new Rubbermaid containers and an adorable Charlie Brown music box.  My big gift from Doug was the puzzle table which we already set up and used to start The Biltmore puzzle.  Cam gave me a pair of new pajamas that were extremely comfortable.  The rest of the night was spent playing Pass the Ace, 31 and Oh Hell.  It was a lot of fun and a great way to end a wonderful day.






No comments:

Post a Comment