Friday, November 8, 2019

A Night Out with Friends

Today was spent running errands.  I first paid our property taxes, then met with Key bank about changing our checking account and home equity line, and finally dropped off a check for Cam's 529 plan at Edward Jones.  I was happy to finish everything before I picked him up from school.  He had texted me in the afternoon to let me know that he was more than ready for the weekend.

Tonight I went to dinner at Sleepy Owl with Paula and Wendy.  We had planned it several weeks ago, but I wasn't sure that we'd still be able to go out as everyone kept cancelling.  I was glad that the two of them were still available.  It was the only Friday night in November that I had free and it was a lot of fun catching up with them.  They had just finished the first trimester today and were ready for a break before completing their grade books.  Both had changed positions this year with Wendy becoming the seventh and eighth grade special education teacher at Milford and Paula a sophomore English teacher at the high school.  There were positives and negatives to the change for both, but each agreed that they were ready for the challenge.

While I was out, Doug and Cam played pool.  Doug made nachos for dinner as that has become one of Cam's favorite meals.  My parents came up later to play cards.  It was fun as usual even though I was the big loser once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment