Tuesday, November 5, 2019

Leaves & More Leaves

I spent the last two days unpacking from our weekend, grocery shopping, putting away the Halloween, getting out the Thanksgiving and dusting the main level.  I was even able to get Cam and I to the dentist in between all of the household chores.  I had just finished putting out the Thanksgiving lighted owl in the front landscaping this afternoon when Roger stopped by to offer his help.  He had noticed Doug raking leaves in the dark last night and knew that he and his John Deere could make a huge dent in the project in a lot shorter period of time.  He also realized that our weekends recently had been spent in Bloomington with the three older Heinisch children and that Doug hadn't had much time recently to make headway on the daunting fall project.  I thanked him for his offer and told him that I would let Doug know.  I also explained that we would be gone tonight for the Bethany fall sports awards, but Doug would be home tomorrow night to do yard work.

About fifteen minutes later I had just sat down for a break from all of the work that I had been doing and to eat a snack.  Pretty soon I heard what sounded like a mower and a leaf blower.  I thought that maybe Josh, our neighbor to the west, was working on his yard.  It quickly dawned on me, however, that the noise was coming from our yard.  I called Cameron down from his room and told him to grab a rake. For the next hour Roger, Darlene, Cam and I raked, mulched and dumped tons of leaves on our burn pile.  Josh even joined the "fun" with his own mower and leaf catcher.  I could not believe how much we accomplished in so little time.  The front and back yard looked awesome.  It was such a nice gesture and I thoroughly appreciated our neighbors help.






No comments:

Post a Comment