Tuesday, November 12, 2019

E-Learning #1

We found out last night that Wawasee had a two hour delay.  Therefore, we knew that Cameron would not be going in early today.  I woke up at 5 a.m. and found out that Bethany had one as well and that Wawasee had cancelled.  I texted Cam and then fell back to sleep around 6:30.  By then all of the schools in our area had arranged for an e-learning day and Doug had said that he had experienced one of the worst drives into work in quite some time.

With eight inches of snow on the ground it took me awhile to clear our driveway.  Cam came out to help for awhile as it was part of his PE assignment.  Once we finished, he then went to the backyard to look for signs of animal tracks for his environmental science class.  With those two assignments complete he had finished his e-learning for the day.  Hot chocolate and a game of Swap Meet warmed us both up.  Normally, I run to Penguin Point on e-learning days, but the roads were still not cleared well enough by lunchtime for me to feel comfortable driving, so we ate at home.  Cam didn't mind and learned how to make scrambled eggs before we watched an episode of Gotham.

Doug left work at 5 p.m. again tonight because of the weather.  He said that the roads were definitely better.  He exercised and made chili once he got home.  He then spent the rest of the evening working.  It was a good night for it as I definitely didn't want to go out.  My body was not prepared for this storm and I was happy to see that the forecast called for fifty degrees next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment