Wednesday, November 13, 2019

A Day Out

My parents and I had planned on going to Warsaw on Monday to take advantage of the Veteran's Day sales.  The weather changed our plans, but did not cancel them altogether.  Instead, we left this morning for Warsaw.  It was cold, but the main roads were clear.  We stopped at Brouwer's and JB Furniture first so that I could look for a lift lop coffee table.  I wanted on to use as a puzzle table and Doug had offered to get me one for my birthday.  I was disappointed that the ones that we found were either too expensive, the wrong color or even damaged.  We took one last shot and tried a new place, Furniture Factory Outlet.  Dad wasn't going to go in, but once Mom and I walked in the door we went back out to get him.  The store was the perfect place for us to shop as it had a large selection of furniture all at responsible prices.  Mom and Dad looked at couches and mattresses while I checked out the coffee tables.  I couldn't believe it as they had exactly what I was looking for, a brown life top with the perfect dimensions for our living room.  It was even twenty percent off.  I checked in with Doug and he agreed that I should buy it.  I had spent countless hours shopping for one online and in stores and couldn't find one that I wanted.  Thus, I was thrilled to be bringing home my birthday gift.

We stopped next at Ruby Tuesday for an early birthday lunch.  I hadn't been there in quite some time and we all enjoyed the salad bar.  The waitress brought us birthday sundaes as well which were delicious.  We stopped at Walmart and Kohl's before returning home.  My Mom was able to help me get the coffee table in the house.  My Dad still couldn't lift anything because of his surgery.  I had just enough time to rearrange the living room before Doug got home.  I was so happy with the table and how well it fit.

Cam had a good day at school and spent the afternoon playing Madden before we took him to his tennis lesson.  It was at the Blue Gate Inn with three of his Bethany teammates.  The hotel had turned their Splash Pad area into a tennis court.  Cam said that it went very well.  He liked the instructor and was glad that he took an extra racket as his strings broke on the last drill.  While Cam was playing, Doug and I ate dinner at the Blue Gate Restaurant.  It wasn't bad, but I don't know if we'd go back again.

No comments:

Post a Comment