Monday, November 18, 2019

One More Month

Cam let me know last night that one of his bracket came off of a front tooth.  It had been quite some time since he had had any problems with his braces, so I was a little surprised.  I asked him what happened and he said that it had been loose, but when he bit into an orange, it popped off.  I thought that was extremely strange as every time he had broken a bracket it had been from a piece of fruit.  I had even said to myself recently that I would be glad when I now longer had to cut up his fruit for his lunches.

I called the orthodontist this morning as soon as I dropped Cam and Jacob off at school.  I almost expected them to say, "Don't worry about it.  He's getting them off in a month and it will be fine until then."  The response was the exact opposite and they set up an appointment for today at 12:10.  Fortunately, I had nothing on my agenda today and it worked out for me to get him to Warsaw and back this afternoon.  I also needed to pick up more rubber bands for Meg, so the trip was well worth it.  They were able to replace the bracket easily.  Cameron did say that it felt weird when it was off and the wire was out.  The reality hit both of us then that soon his braceless smile would return.  He was happy about that.  The first thing that he planned to was grab a pack of gun.

No comments:

Post a Comment