Sunday, November 10, 2019

Calm Before the Storm

All week the forecast called for a winter storm tomorrow.  Normally we don't put much stock in the meteorologists, but once we heard that it was a system snow, we started to believe it.  Thus, we decided to get all of the yard work finished today that we could.  Doug raked, cut down bushes, put away the outside furniture and burned the brush.  I helped by sweeping the back deck, driveway, garage and porch and Cam cleaned off the swing set.  Everything looked very good by nightfall.  We realized that the front two trees still had leaves to fall, but overall we were happy with today's progress.

While Doug was working and watching the Bears, I ran Cam to Goshen so that he could hang out at Bailey's for the afternoon.  They played games with her brothers and enjoyed homemade cinnamon rolls.  He said it was a lot of fun.  The Browns lived close to Walmart so I was able to pick up a few items after I dropped him off. I usually do my shopping on Monday mornings, but wasn't sure I would be able to tomorrow with the predicted storm.  Doug picked Cameron up at 4:30.  He was excited to announce that IU was ranked 24th in the AP football poll.  It was the first time that they had been ranked in twenty-five years.

Doug and I went to dinner tonight.  My parents then came down to play Oh Hell once again.  This time my Mom took home the bird.  Meg called after we were done.  She had enjoyed her bonfire with Hoosier Catholic last night.  She spent today working on accounting and finite.  Doug was able to help her with A100 and she had plans to go to tutoring for math tomorrow.  If Mark wasn't available, her calculus teacher, Renae, said that she would.  Meg was glad to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment