Monday, April 1, 2024

The Positive Side to Cleaning

I hate cleaning day, but recently there has been an up side to it.  Besides the fact that our house in Florida is half the size as our old one in Syracuse drastically cutting my cleaning time, I have also been using that time to either catch up on the Chicago PD series. listen to my favorite music, or the best part, talk with my family.  It makes the cleaning go by so much faster and helps me stay in contact with everyone.  Today was no exception and ended up being one of my favorite cleaning days since we moved here.

In the morning I was able to clean the bathrooms while talking to Meg and Cameron.  First, I talked to Meg about everything that she was going to do once busy season was over including her upcoming trip to Florida in mid April.  Cameron then called on his way to Tracks.  He was looking for a Smokey Robinson vinyl or one from the Kinks.  He was also excited about Alina's family arriving tonight and looking forward to spending a couple of days with them.  

As much as I love talking to my children, the best phone call of the day came this afternoon while I was outside cleaning the back patio.  My long time college friend, Jim, called and we spent the next two hours talking about anything and everything.  Although we text quite often, it was just so wonderful to hear his voice.  It was also nice to talk to someone who knew me before I was a wife and mom, and who knew Doug as a friend well before we were married.  Although we were on the phone all afternoon, it felt like such a short time when we finally hung up.  

Cleaning has never been my favorite activity, but having a clean house is important to me.  Having people to talk to while I am doing mundane chores has made the experience so much better.  Instead of dreading cleaning, I now have something to look forward to every time I pick up the Windex bottle.


No comments:

Post a Comment