Saturday, April 20, 2024

Magic Kingdom

After a fun stay at Art of Animation yesterday, we headed to Magic Kingdom for the day.  Although it was very hot, we still had a lot of fun.  My DAS pass was extremely helpful in that we did not have to stand in line for rides and could enjoy all of our favorites including The Haunted Mansion, Seven Dwarfs Mine Ride and Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin.  I was thrilled when we got a reservation for Tron, but the heat and hills made me think better of it later.  Meg and I still enjoyed the ride, just not the intensity of it. 






Although Doug loved all of the rides, especially the Jungle Cruise, I believe that his favorite stop of the day was lunch at the Skipper Canteen.  Although the food was absolutely delicious - Meg ordered a noodles dish, I had vegetable curry and Doug tried their chicken with rice - the atmosphere and the break from the heat was very nice as well.  






Meg had to be at the airport at 6:40 tonight for her flight home, so after doing a little bit of shopping and grabbing chocolate covered bananas for dessert, we left for Orlando International.  Meg was very sad to leave.  We had had a nice week together and a lot of fun this weekend.  I hated to see her go as well, but was thankful that we would soon be together in May.  





No comments:

Post a Comment