Wednesday, April 24, 2024

No Interest in the Drama

For the first time in over twenty years, I will not finish a season of Survivor.  Meg watched last week with me in what turned out to be the most intense tribal council ever.  The person that caused all of the drama was not voted off even though he asked to be.  Instead a fan favorite was gone in a complete blindside.  Doug had gone to bed before it was over, so I was glad that I had Meg to talk to about the drama.  She thought it was weird, but not quite as much as I did.  She's used to watching Dance Moms and more dramatic shows than I am.  The whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth.  I definitely thought twice about watching any more of this season.  My friend, Jim, felt the same way.  

Tonight's episode was even worse.  There was way too much arguing and the tribal council was just as intense.  I hadn't really liked the season very much because of the drama, but once my favorite player and the only one that I was rooting for this spring was voted out tonight, I knew that I had to stop watching.  It was no longer entertaining.  He wasn't the only one that had been blindsided or gone home with an idol in his pocket, but he was the only that I remembered ever being flat out lied to by multiple people. 

The ending was just awful to watch and I turned it off immediately with no plans to continue the season.  I realize that Survivor will continue.  Losing one viewer out of millions will mean nothing to them.  It isn't a protest.  I am just at the point in my life where I can no longer handle any type of drama.  I can't wait to find out if Jim felt the same way.  


No comments:

Post a Comment