Monday, April 15, 2024

Mr. Electric

Last night the power to the outlets in the kitchen stopped working.  I tried everything that I could think of to resolve the issue, but nothing would get the button on the main outlet to reset.  We had problems with that same group of outlets in January, but we thought that it was the air fryer as it stopped working as well.  Unfortunately, that was not the case as we found out tonight when our new one blew the same circuit.

Doug and I were positive that only the main outlet needed to be replaced, but decided that this time we would contact an electrician to make sure.  Although it cost us close to $200, I felt a lot better about having someone else make that determination and replace the faulty outlet.  While the electrician was here, he was also able to check another outlet, my doorbell, the kitchen lights, the master bathroom and the overhead light in the hallway.  He gave me some helpful suggestions on what I would need to do to solve the issues and also verified that the outlet that I changed on the lanai was correct.  The ground wire just needed tightened.  I felt very good about it all.

Once the electrician left, I spent the rest of the morning trying to decide what I wanted to do with the information that he gave me.  Doug brought the Pilot home at lunch and I was able to stop by Lowe's to purchase a few items that I needed.  By the time he got home from work, I had replaced the light in my bathroom.  I had also taken apart the doorbell chime.  Doug then helped me put in a new light in the hallway and assess that the doorbell chime was not worth fixing.  I was definitely exhausted by the time we went to dinner, but happy to have a kitchen with power, a new hallway light and a solution to several other electrical issues that I had been trying to resolve for quite some time all while saving several hundred dollars by doing it myself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment