Thursday, April 4, 2024

Small Town News Definitley Can Be Interesting

My mom called me Wednesday night, but I was with Doug and couldn't answer the phone.  I thought that she just wanted to hear about my day with Gabrielle and Paula, so I told her that I would call her this morning.  As soon as she answered the phone today I quickly realized that there was more to the phone call than I expected.  She had some gossip from Syracuse that she thought that I would be interested in hearing.  I'm not really big on gossip and at first I couldn't process exactly what she was saying, but once I realized what she was telling me, I was all ears.  

The gossip was pretty big and it revolved around a person that I had no respect for due to many factors.  This person said some very negative things about a child that I was teaching years ago.  I found out later that there were some poor moral choices made by this person that ruined several families as well.   I also believed that this person was manipulating others for personal gain.  Thus, I didn't care for this person very much.  

I do not know what will become of this news story and I do not wish any ill will on anyone.  I believe this is a perfect example of why everyone should watch what they say or what they do especially in a small town.  People are always watching you and looking to see if you will fall.  There's no reason to give anyone motivation to dislike you.  It can easily lead to your downfall or at least make for some really good gossip around town.  

No comments:

Post a Comment