Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Meeting Mary

When I told Mary that I was moving, she instantly started making plans to meet Doug and I for dinner while they were in Florida for spring break.  As the time grew closer, we texted each other to make sure that it still worked for everyone.  Once we came up with time and place, I texted Paula to see if she and Gabrielle wanted to meet us as well.  They already had plans to go to Epcot, but said that they could visit Ocala on a different day.  I was super glad to hear that I would be getting together with both groups.

Today was our day to meet Ken and Mary in Orlando.  We picked Rock & Brews as the place and couldn't wait to see them.  We all arrived early and soon were seated around a table in the outdoor bar.  Ken's dad and aunt also joined us.  It was very nice to catch up with the Brower family and hear what everyone was up to this winter.  We also found out about their time at Marco Island and what that part of the state has to offer vacationers.  Mary and I had a chance to catch up on some topics that we had talked about the last time that we were together as well.  I was amazed to find out that she was reading the same book that I had just finished.  As we drove home tonight, I realized that it was just so incredibly wonderful to be with people that we had known forever.  I definitely could have talked all night.  Thankfully, we'll be in Syracuse in May and can get together again then.  




No comments:

Post a Comment