Tuesday, April 16, 2024

A Dolphin Cruise Celebration

Meg officially finished her first year of busy season yesterday.  She had been talking about 4/15 for so long, I couldn't believe that it finally arrived.  Her company had an end of the tax season party on Friday night, but she had to wait until today to really celebrate.  Meg took the day off of work and flew to Florida with the plan of spending the week here.  I was very excited to see her this morning.

When I found out that Meg would be flying into Tampa, I asked her if she wanted to commemorate the end of tax season with a dolphin trip at the Florida Aquarium.  I had wanted to take one since we bought a membership in December, but hadn't been able to find someone available to go with me.  Therefore, I was thrilled that we were able to make the 1 p.m. cruise today.  Neither Meg nor I really thought that we would see any dolphins, but we were both happy to cruise around the bay in the warm sunshine.   Thankfully, we were wrong and spent a good half hour of our hour long cruise watching seven dolphins splash, dive and play around the boat.   It was so much fun and the perfect way to celebrate the end to a long winter of work for Meg.  I was absolutely thrilled to have spent the afternoon with her.












Meg had talked about going to Clearwater Beach after the dolphin cruise.  She wanted to do some shopping, walk along the beach and eat dinner at Jimmy Hulu's.  Meg changed her mind once we left the aquarium.  She was exhausted and decided that she just wanted to go back to Ocala and relax tonight.  We made it back in time to pick up Doug from work and finish our celebration at Crazy Cucumber.  


No comments:

Post a Comment