Saturday, March 16, 2024

Wedding Dress Fitting

 Since I was going to be home this weekend, Meg wanted me to go with her to get her wedding dress altered.  It was actually hard to find a place in the Syracuse area that would do wedding dresses.  A dress maker in Warsaw told me to try The Alteration Shop in Fort Wayne.  Thankfully, they were more than willing to help us and we headed there first thing this morning.  Meg tried the dress on for them and they suggested hemming it.  I agreed.  We also asked them them to add a bustle for the reception.  We were happy to see that the rest of the dress fit perfectly.  They told us that we could pick it up after April 20th.  That sounded perfect to us.  The whole process took less than a half hour and we were back at Grandma's by 11 a.m.  

Cameron had gone to breakfast with Tristan and played golf with Keegan.  He made it back in time to see us before we left for Chicago and to watch the Purdue game with Grandpa.  I was very sad to leave him as we had had a wonderful ten days together for his spring break.  It was happy, however, to be spending the weekend with Nick and Meg.  We had a lot that they wanted to accomplish for the wedding and I was glad to help.  I was also excited to have lunch with  Cal tomorrow as I hadn't seen him since December.

The trip back wasn't too bad until we got to the middle of the city.  The St. Patrick's Day parade was this afternoon and there were a lot of people in town.  Meg couldn't find parking anywhere near their apartment.  Nick said that was really rare.  There were also a lot of drunks walking around so we figured that everyone was celebrating the Irish holiday.  We had talked about going out to dinner, but with the crowds on the street and the wind howling, I offered to pay for Door Dash instead.  Meg picked Nando's and we all enjoyed our food and the quietness of their apartment.  

We spent the rest of the night talking about the wedding, working on bridal shower invitations and listening to All Things Must Pass.  I was really glad that we didn't go out as I ended up getting a terrible migraine.  After some medicine, ice on my neck and sitting in the dark, I felt a lot better.  Nick took advantage of the down time to play Rocket League and we all had a very enjoyable evening.  

No comments:

Post a Comment