Monday, March 4, 2024

Reading

I figured out today that I have read five books since we moved to Florida in August.  I definitely felt proud when I realized it this afternoon.  Devoting more time to reading was one of my goals when we moved.  It had been the one thing in my life that I had really been missing.  Life had been too busy in Syracuse and I just didn't have much free time to read.  Even when I did have time, I didn't feel like concentrating on anything besides relaxing.  It has been very nice these past few months to read before I go to bed instead of playing Candy Crush.  I have enjoyed some books more than others, but that hasn't mattered to me. My body needed the rest.  My mind needed the relaxation.  What a wonderful way to enjoy the extra time that I have found by slowing down our pace of life.  

No comments:

Post a Comment