Friday, March 15, 2024

Meg's Early Birthday Celebration

Both Cameron and I started our day at Amanda's with a haircut.  Mine really needed it and it was great to catch up with Amanda as well.  Grandma felt a lot better today, but I still picked up a blood pressure machine for her at CVS so that she could continue to monitor it.  Cameron and I kept her and Grandpa entertained all afternoon by playing Euchre.  We all decided that I might be the worst Euchre player ever, but at least we all had fun.

While we were at their home, I also fixed their garage door app.  It had stopped connecting to their internet for some reason.  The biggest concern was the laptop that we had given him.  There was a pop up that kept coming on that said that he had a virus and needed to update his McAfee software.  I ran an AVG Free scan and it said that it was virus free which was great news, but we still weren't sure how to get it to stop sending the message.  Thankfully, someone on YouTube had a tutorial about it and I fixed it in less than two minutes.  Grandpa was glad to be able to finish his taxes without anymore annoying popups.  

Cameron left for Goshen at 6 p.m. to meet Alina for dinner.  The three of us watched Big Ten basketball while we waited for Meg and Nick to arrive.  They had stopped at Nancy and Kyle's for a little while, but were at Grandma's by 9 p.m. which gave me plenty of time to beat Grandpa at Jeopardy.  Once they arrived and Cameron and Alina got back, we all celebrated Meg's birthday.  She absolutely loved all of the gifts and appreciated the George Harrison theme to Cameron and mine.  She couldn't believe that I had found All Things Must Pass on vinyl as she had been looking for it for awhile.  We ate carrot cake for dessert and then played several games before Alina had to go home.  It was a wonderful celebration and I was glad that we could do it in person even if it was a week early.









No comments:

Post a Comment