Wednesday, March 27, 2024

Happy 81st Grandpa Cutes

Grandpa Cutes turned 81 today and I was a little bit sad that none of us could be there to celebrate with him.  Cameron, Doug and I had enjoyed taking him to the Channel Marker last year on his 80th and giving him presents of 80 of his favorite things - golf tees, orange slices, etc.  This year he had to settle for phone calls, texts and social media posts from all of us.  Cameron and I had ordered him the perfect gift, but Amazon erroneously delivered it to our home in Florida, so even that wouldn't arrive in time.   

Thankfully, my Dad didn't seem to mind the long distance birthday wishes.  He had fun going to Great Clips to get a birthday haircut and celebrating with Grandma Jane afterward at Waterford Cafe with liver and onions.  I loved the picture that he posted with Cameron's 18 year old balloons held backward to show him at 81.  As Cameron told me earlier today, "I'm glad that Grandpa made it up longer than my balloons."  He was right.  It didn't matter who was there to celebrate today.  Knowing that Grandpa Cutes had "made it another year around the sun" was the best gift.  Happy 81st Grandpa Cutes - friend and supporter of all of the Heinisch family.  



No comments:

Post a Comment