Tuesday, March 26, 2024

Let's All Quit

Lately, I have listened to a lot of different members of the Heinisch family complain about their current career.  I feel absolutely helpless when they give me specifics on why their job is terrible.  I remember the dread I felt going into school in the morning knowing that I was under appreciated and definitely underpaid.  It wasn't any fun and nothing anyone said made it any better.  Right now I try just to be supportive and empathetic to my family.  I don't know if it helps, but it's the only thing that I can think to do.  I always encourage them not to quit until they have another position secured.  I really don't believe that any of them have plans to leave their current positions.  I know that for the most part they just want a sympathetic ear and that I can lend.

Ultimately, I believe that most jobs are absolutely awful.  Working is hard and finding a career that you love is challenging.  My Dad was one of the few who had a job that he loved and did it well.  Most just follow along, do their best and try to enjoy life outside of the work world.  Maybe I am cynical or it could be that I am jaded by my last year of teaching.  It really doesn't matter either way.  The nice part is that my horrible experience teaching has helped me to be supportive of the Heinisch family and to pray that they have more positive days at work than negative.  

No comments:

Post a Comment