Monday, March 18, 2024

Back in the Sunshine State

I realized this morning that Southwest now allows you to fly standby on the same date that you have a flight booked.  If they can get you on the earlier flight, they move you to it.  If they cannot, your original flight stays.  Because of this, I thought about changing to a noon flight this morning as my 3:30 one kept stating that it was delayed.  I decided against it as I would be the last person on the new flight and I didn't want to have to scramble to find room for my carry-on.  Also, if I didn't get on the earlier flight, I would have to sit in the airport for an extra three hours.  That didn't sound like much fun.

In the end, I was very glad that I didn't change as my original flight ended up leaving on time.  I also got to spend some extra time with Meg and Nick this morning.  Nick dropped me off at the airport at 12:30.  He said that the lines through security would be light this morning since it was a Monday afternoon.  Nick was correct and soon I was looking for a place to eat lunch.  I was thrilled to see that R.J. Grunt's was now in the B terminal and quickly got in line for a chicken sandwich.  I found an empty gate to sit at where I spent the next couple of hours eating lunch and catching up with Cameron on the phone.  

My flight back went very well.  I found an aisle seat and ended up with an empty seat beside me.  I watched Chicago PD and listened to music on the way home.  We were told that it would be a bumpy flight, but it was relatively calm.  I was delighted to see Doug at the airport when I arrived.  The weather was fifty degrees warmer in Orlando than when I left Chicago which I appreciated very much.  Traffic was light, so Doug and I were back in Ocala before 9 p.m.  I was exhausted from my trip, but super happy that I went.  I was also very glad to be home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment