Saturday, March 23, 2024

Gift Shop Volunteer

When I first started with BTCCW, I signed up to work the gift shop at Blessed Trinity.  Several of the women members were in charge of running it and I thought it would be a great way to help out.  Starting was a little more complicated than I would have thought as I had to have a background check which included fingerprinting.  I also had to take an online class from the diocese before I was cleared to volunteer.  Then, I had to be trained on how to work the cash register, open the store and close it.  

This afternoon was the big day as I was scheduled to work in the gift shop by myself for the first time.  I was super nervous about it.  My biggest fear was that I would forget how to work the computer or credit card machine.  Thankfully, there was a cheat sheet that really helped.  Plus it wasn't too busy, so I didn't have to stress out too much.  I did forget where to put the gift shop sign and to open the blinds, but otherwise all went well.

Once I was done, Doug met me at church for 4 p.m. mass.  We had been in downtown Ocala since noon where we had enjoyed lunch together at Mellow Mushroom.  It was such a beautiful day that we took advantage of it by eating outside.  We also stopped at Grandpa Joe's candy shop before I left for church.  Doug spent the time I was volunteering to attend the ten year celebration of the opening of Infinite Ale.  They had food trucks, new beers, music and a huge crowd.  He said that it was a lot of fun even if he was on his own.  I was glad to hear that and felt incredibly blessed that it was a wonderful afternoon for both of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment