Thursday, March 28, 2024

The Cenacle

The Cenacle is a small faith-sharing group. It is as old as the Catholic Church itself.  The idea contained in the word cenacle is derived from the meeting of our Lord's followers in the upper room where He celebrated the Last Supper.  The Latin word for supper is cena.  I knew all about the Last Supper and the days that followed Holy Thursday.  Until this April, however, I had never heard of the Cenacle.  Thus, when they asked for volunteers at mass to join the Cenacle at Blessed Trinity, I thought, why not try it.  The worst thing that could happen was that I go once and figure out that it's not for me.  Thankfully, that was not the case. 

We have had two meeting so far and I have gained so much knowledge. There has been so much history shared, prayers said and information about our own church, Blessed Trinity given.  Going into the Easter season, I feel more connected with Christ and the Apostles than I ever did in the past.  We talked a lot today about divine providence and I know that is what our new church in Ocala is.  God knew that I was missing something, I just had to follow His lead.  



No comments:

Post a Comment