Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Moving Forward

I have spent the last two days working on projects to get the house ready to sell this summer.  I started yesterday at 6:30 and finished up tonight at 8:30.  During this time, I rearranged and decluttered Cameron's extra bedroom.  Thankfully, my Mom had moving coasters that made it a breeze to to accomplish this task.  I also painted outside doors, touched up some spots in the extra bedroom, took everything off of the walls in the mudroom, filled holes, moved the record player, sorted albums, downsized our winter outerwear and finally took the craft/shoe holder off the closet door.  

I couldn't do every project by myself.  Besides my Mom's help with the furniture in the extra bedroom, Doug hired someone to secure the kitchen sink.  We had had been using a car jack to hold it in place.  Thankfully, the handy man had a permanent way to solve the issue.  My Dad stopped by yesterday morning to help me with a project in the living room.  I was very happy with the outcome of that one.  

Once Cameron arrived tonight, we turned our attention toward his graduation announcements.  I wanted to order them this week so that they would arrive by the first of May.  We had a template that we really liked and found some great pictures to put on it.  We proof read it multiple times, had Doug, Meg and Brett also check it and by 10 tonight we had 160 graduation announcements on the way.  Although I was absolutely exhausted when we finished, it did feel very good to accomplish so much in such a short period of time.  Each project that has been completed has moved us one step forward.  

No comments:

Post a Comment