Thursday, April 20, 2023

CRV Success

Cal arrived home late last night with three loads of laundry in tow.  He planned on spending today at home so that we could get the paperwork in order for him to take the title for the CRV.  I was glad to have him here as it is very quiet in the house during the day.  Cal worked at the dining room table for most of the day and filled me in on what was going on in his life as he kept tabs on the staff reporting to him via computer messages.  

While he was busy with work, I was not only able to get all of his laundry done and help him with the title, but also finally got the white numbers cleaned off of the back of the CRV from when it was towed six months ago.  Cal had read that WD-40 or nail polish would take it off.  I had no luck with either.  Grandma suggested Goo Gone and after three attempts, it finally wiped off.  The only issue that we had with the car was getting the screws off of the old license plate.  Grandma took it to Monteith for help and thankfully, they were able to get them off immediately.

Cal headed home after work today as he had plans to go out tomorrow night.  I texted him several times during Cameron's golf match to let him know how it was going.  He had hoped to walk along, but couldn't get off of work in time.  It was probably a good thing as Cameron didn't have his best round and Bethany lost to both Goshen and Elkhart tonight.  By the time Cal made it back to Chicago, Cameron had rebounded from his round and enjoyed dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings with Alina and his friends.  I was a little sad when Doug and I arrived home to an empty house until I figured out that Cal had eaten all of the pizza that Doug thought would be left for dinner.  That brought a smile to my face instantly.  I just love my adult children.






No comments:

Post a Comment