Friday, April 14, 2023

Senior Breakfast

It was an early wake up call this morning.  I had volunteered to provide breakfast for the Bethany seniors today and needed to have everything ready for Cameron at 6:30 a.m.  Normally, that wouldn't have been such a big deal, but Doug decided to fly home night.  I stayed up until after 1 a.m. so that I could make sure that he arrived in Indianapolis safely and to find out if he was planning on making the journey home or stay in Bloomington for the night.  He said that he had slept well on the plane and was on his way to Syracuse.

I fell asleep for a couple of hours and when I checked the phone at 4 a.m. I was happy to see that Doug had arrived safely.  I was back up at 6:30 to organize all of the goodies for senior breakfast, happy to check that off of my list as it was the last one that I would ever have to provide.  I find meals extremely stressful as I am never sure how much food to prepare or what everyone would like to eat.  Thankfully, I heard from Cameron later that day that there was more than enough and that it was much appreciated.

I did finally catch up on some sleep while Doug worked from home today.  I felt good enough once I woke up to paint the mudroom and to learn how to use my Dad's power washer.  I couldn't believe how much dirt it took off of the porch.  The sidewalk turned from black to gray instantly.  

With all of the work that I did today and this week, I was ready for a break tonight.  Doug ordered pizza for he, Cameron and Alina while I ate my new favorite salad from Pizza Hut.  Cameron and Alina then caught up on the Office while Doug and I had a bonfire.  It was a relaxing evening for all.  



No comments:

Post a Comment