Tuesday, April 25, 2023

Celebration Day

Doug left work at 4 p.m. this afternoon.  I had tried yesterday to spot paint the holes left by removing the shelf above my bed.  Even though it was the same can that we used when we first painted the bedroom, the color did not match.  The wall must have faded and it looked terrible yesterday when I got done.  Doug had a project to work on at Champion today, but said that if he was done early, he would help me paint the two bedroom walls that really needed it after yesterday's fiasco.

I started on the walls just as he called to say that he was on his way.  I thought I'd be able to do it all by myself, but I just couldn't cover the walls as well as he could.  Thus, I really appreciated his help.   I focused on the edging while he did the main portions of the two walls.  It covered well and an hour after he arrived home, the bedroom looked fantastic.  

Once we cleaned up, our focus turned toward dinner.  Doug decided to make chicken tacos and headed to the grocery store for a few items.  I was walking in the basement, talking to Meg when he returned.  He called downstairs to let me know that he had bought Jack Daniels as today was officially "Celebration Day."  I wondered if that was a holiday that I had never hear of, but Doug said that he had made it up as we were celebrating tonight.  I thought that we were celebrating because we had finished the bedroom.  Meg could hear him from the phone and just started laughing.  She knew that Doug was actually celebrating the fact that he had just found out this afternoon that the yearly audit at his work had officially been completed without any reviews of the financials.  I guess in the accounting world that is really big news.  All I kept thinking was, "Wow, I really did marry a nerd!"  Either way, I was glad that he was happy and that his children understood why.  I also did enjoy a night of "Oh Hell" and relaxation on Doug's unofficial "Celebration Day."

No comments:

Post a Comment