Wednesday, February 10, 2021

What Kind of February Is This?

 On January 31st a pair of IU gloves arrived from Amazon for Cameron.  I had ordered them a few days earlier when I heard him say that we had zero pairs of gloves that matched.  I realized then that he hadn't been wearing any gloves at all because of it.  I started looking that day and found the perfect pair.  Once they arrived I asked Meg if she thought that I should give them to him or wait until Valentine's Day.  January had been pretty mild and I wasn't sure that he would get much use out of them in February.  She encouraged me to let him have them two weeks early and boy am I glad that she did.  He definitely has put them to good use these past two weeks.



As Cam headed to school this week with his new gloves in tow, I tried to remember a colder or snowier  February, but I just couldn't think of one.  We've added at least another six inches of snow to the six that we got on January 31st.  Due to the unseasonably cold weather none of it has even come close to melting.  On days when it hasn't snowed the temperatures have been in the single digits with windchills at times below zero.  The sad part is that nothing in the next week's forecast has looked like any of this will change.  The average February temperatures of 35 degrees are just nowhere to be found.  If this was January or even December it wouldn't seem that unusual, but this has been completely unexpected for February.  The only good part about winter arriving so incredibly late is the fact that spring is less than six weeks away.  If this cold, wintry snap had hit on January first and stayed until now it would really be depressing. At least we know that it will end relatively soon.  I did see signs of change yesterday as the Weather Channel predicted above average temperatures for March in Indiana.  I told Cameron as soon as I picked him up from school.  Although neither of us believed it, we did acknowledged that at least there was hope.  

No comments:

Post a Comment