Wednesday, February 24, 2021

Shorts & Tank Tops

 Meg called me on the way back from the Union today.  She had left something at her apartment and needed to pick it up before she met friends to study and get dinner.  She said that she could have just stayed where she was, but she was really looking forward to going on another walk in the beautiful sunshine.  It was over 50 degrees in Bloomington today and she was wearing shorts.  I wasn't surprised as yesterday she had on Birkenstocks.  She also said that all of the guys walking around campus were wearing tank tops.  I could see that as I know a year ago Cal would have been one of them.  

I definitely couldn't blame anyone for becoming overly enthusiastic about the break in weather.  It had been a long, cold February in Indiana.  Although our weather didn't quite match southern Indiana's, it was in the forties today with an abundance of sunshine.   I wasn't ready to put on shorts just yet, but I did agree with Meg that Birkenstocks and capris were the right outfit to celebrate the warmer temperatures.  It will still be awhile before all of the snow melts, but just having our driveway clear has been a nice change of pace.  Meg is positive that Spring is just around the corner.  I sure hope that she is right.  We are more than ready for it here in the Heinisch home.  

No comments:

Post a Comment