Thursday, February 18, 2021

So Incredibly Thankful

 Yesterday as Cam and I were driving to his tennis lesson I noticed that the tire light on the van had lit up on the dashboard.  I instantly became concerned as we had brand new tires and I didn't think that the cold could be the issue as it had been in years past.  Since we were closer to the racquet club than home I continued on to the lesson hoping that I was wrong about the cold.  

I dropped Cam off and everything looked fine, so I headed to Menards.  I was only in the store ten minutes or so, but when I came out I noticed that the back passenger tire was lower than the rest.  I decided that I would put air in it as soon as I finished grocery shopping at Martins.  I had a hard time focusing in the store as I was worried about the tire, but was still able to complete my list rather quickly.  As soon as I pushed the grocery cart up to the van, my heart sank.  The same tire that was low was now almost completely flat.  

I hurried and put the groceries in the trunk and drove straight to the gas station a block away.  As I tried to get the machine started I texted Cam to call me as soon as his lesson was over.  At that time I wasn't quite sure that I'd be able to get enough air in the tire to get to him across town.  I was extremely worried about how I was going to get the van fixed with us separated.  Doug said that he could help out in any way, but I knew it would take him forty-minutes just to get to Cam.  At that point I just started praying hoping for a little bit of extra help.  Thankfully, the tire did eventually fill with air and I was able to start my journey.

When I got back in the van I was relieved to see that my tire light had gone out.  I called Cam and we decided that I would still try to pick up the lunch that we had ordered from Panda Express as it was on the way to him and there was a gas station next to it if I needed more air.  Our food wasn't quite ready, but they were kind enough to put our order to the front of the line and I was on my way within minutes.  I was extremely nervous on the way to get Cam, but the tire light never came back on.  

I arrived at the racquet club about thirty minutes after I left the grocery feeling fortunate thatCam had had a warm place to wait.  Doug called to check in with us and we told him that we were going to try and make it to Leesburg and assess the tire at their gas station.  We had no problems getting there or on the rest of our journey home.  We were even able to drop off Cal's lunch to him without incident.  Later in the afternoon I checked the tire and found that the tire pressure had dropped drastically.  Doug and I got it to Monteith before it became completely flat.  

Doug worked from home today, so having the van out of commission was no problem.  I drove the Pilot to Bethany without incident.  Doug heard back from Monteith in the late morning.  They had fixed the tire, but wanted us to know that they had found a piece of metal stuck in it.  I was shocked to hear that and definitely spent some time afterward thanking God for the extra help yesterday in helping us get home safely.    


No comments:

Post a Comment