Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Walking the Lake

Since Doug was going to be in Florida this week and Cameron had plans most nights, I decided to text Paula and Mary and see if they wanted to take a walk after school one evening.  They both texted back immediately to let me know that they were free and we picked tonight.  I was excited that I was going to be able to get together with them, but the second part of their text made me a little nervous.  They wanted to walk around Syracuse Lake.  The length of it didn't scare me, but the hills and uneven roads did.  I decided that I would give it a try as I really wanted to see my friends and I am thankful that I did.

Paula picked me up right after school and we met Mary at the community center.  We headed toward Northshore Drive and quickly realized that the road was completely ripped up.  I had heard about the road closures in that area, but didn't realize how bad it was.  The nice part was that there was very little traffic.  The down side was the lack of sidewalks available.  I was impressed with how well I did given the construction and the hills.  With all of the great conversation I hardly thought about the difficulty of the trek and just enjoyed the walk.

The path did get better after Eastshore Drive and we made the four and a half mile trip in about an hour and a half.  It was very nice to catch up on all that they had been doing at school and home.  Mary told us about Evan's new girlfriend and Paula showed us pictures of Gabrielle's new house at Butler.  They were both excited to hear about Meg's summer internship and glad that Cameron was feeling a little bit better about life.  Even though I was tired at the end, I was very happy that I took the chance on walking the lake.  

No comments:

Post a Comment