Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Humidity

This week has been absolutely unbearable.  Temperatures have been in the 80s, but the humidity has made it feel at least ten degrees warmer.  The humidity hasn't just made it feel a lot hotter, but it has also greatly increased the chance of rain over the next few days.  As we had planned on moving a lot of items outside for the garage sale tomorrow, I had to come up with an alternate layout for our everything that we wanted to sell.  

I started on it this morning as it was going to be way too hot to work outside this afternoon.  Thankfully, Grandma was available to help.  We moved as much as we could on the front porch and then hung up plastic to protect it from the rain and still make it visible for the sale.  That was by far the hottest job as the plastic kept the wind off the porch.  It felt like a sauna.  Our hard work paid off, however, as the skies opened up once we finished and everything stayed dried.  I was very happy to see that.

Hopefully, we won't have to deal with rain tomorrow, but what I really wish is that the humidity would leave.  Cameron said that it has been brutal at tennis this week and Meg texted that it's horrible in Chicago as well.  Maybe all of this hot, sticky weather is preparing us for moving south next year.  This has definitely reminded me of the weather that we encountered in Ocala at the end of July.  My neighbor told me to stop wishing it away as all too soon it will be winter.  I know that he is right, but I sure wouldn't mind a day free from the heat.

No comments:

Post a Comment