Monday, August 8, 2022

The Fruits of Success

Last Wednesday I was sure that I would our garage sale would be a complete flop.  We had way more to get rid of then I originally thought and due to weather and location, I was sure that no would come to our neighborhood.  Thankfully, I was completely wrong.  As I spent yesterday boxing up all of the leftovers, I couldn't believe how little there really was left to donate.  

I also was surprised by how much we made.  We more than doubled what I originally hoped for and each of the Heinisch children were thrilled with their extra cash.  Brett planned to put his towards the two new tires that he just bought.  Cal would use his next weekend in St. Louis.  Meg had a lot of outings with the interns this week and save the money for those events.  Cameron put half in his college fund and planned to use the other half for a new vinyl.  Ours went towards our trip to DeKalb last weekend for Uncle Jim's funeral.  

Today, I filled the Pilot with boxes and headed to the Depot in Goshen.  The Mennonite thrift shop was more than happy to take our donation, and I was surprised by how easy it was to drop off everything.  They had a covered loading area and someone even helped me put the boxes on the carts.  Overall, the garage sale was way better than I would have dreamed.  It wasn't just a week of work, but a year of cleaning out.  It felt fantastic today knowing how much we were able to downsize this year.





   

No comments:

Post a Comment