Monday, August 1, 2022

Contacts

While we were driving home from Florida, Cameron told me that he would be interested in getting contacts.  Samuel and Avery both wore them and said that they strongly preferred them.  I agreed with Samuel that I actually saw better with contacts than glasses.  I called the eye doctor right away, but they didn't have any appointments available until the end of August.  Thankfully, they called last week and were able to move Cameron up a month.  Last Thursday he was fitted for contacts.

Today was Cameron's second contact appointment.  They scheduled an hour with a technician for him, so that he could learn how to wear them.  I decided to go with him for moral support and was happy to hear that he was able to put his contacts in, take them out and put them in again.  He said that he was nervous at first and they burned a little, but overall he was pleased with his new contacts.  He would now have them for the first day of school and all of tennis season.  Cameron said that the best part was that he would finally be able to wear sunglasses.  I was very happy for him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment