Tuesday, August 30, 2022

Transmission Woes

 Jake's Auto called this afternoon to let us know that they thought the transmission light was on in the Pilot because the fluid was low.  They had put in more transmission fluid and felt that we would be good to go.  Doug and I were glad to hear that.  Unfortunately, our relief didn't last long as on the way to Prairie Heights the transmission light came on again.  I was actually surprised.  I really thought all along that it was a fluid issue. I also felt the Pilot was driving better.  My mom said that it rode fine to her as well.

I called Doug to let him know and we decided that we would probably have to get a second opinion.  I was worried as we had replaced a transmission before and I knew that it would be thousands of dollars if that was what was needed.  I definitely didn't have that in my budget right now, especially with Meg's tuition due next week.  Doug said not to worry about it.  There was a good chance that we wouldn't need to do a full transmission replacement and that we did have the home equity line if needed.  I wouldn't have been so worried about it, but our back up car was sixteen years old.  

Fortunately, Cameron had an exciting three set match tonight at Prairie Heights.  That took our minds off of the Pilot as we focused on the back and forth match.  Cameron was playing on the #2 singles court.  His opponent had won the conference title last year and had beaten Fremont's number 2 this year.  It was definitely one of the most even matches that I had seen in quite some time.  Cameron won the first set and his opponent won the second.  The third set was on serve until the very end when Cameron lost a deuce game.  His opponent took advantage of the opening and won the next game to win the set.  Cameron felt pretty good about it in the end.  He had played well.  He was most happy, however, about the fact that his team won the match as Noah won at #3 singles and both doubles teams were victorious as well.  Even with Cameron's loss, it definitely was a winner of a night.  






No comments:

Post a Comment