Friday, August 12, 2022

One Exhausting Week

This week was absolutely exhausting.  With our main focus on the garage sale, Cameron starting school and tennis, I hadn't had much time to clean the house.  It took me all week to get it all back in order.  I wanted to finish it all before Doug arrived home today from his week in Florida.  I wasn't quite done when he arrived, but by the time he finished his 2 p.m. phone call, I was ready to relax and enjoy the weekend.

The first item on my agenda tonight was showing him the tree stumps left by Hoosier tree yesterday.  After the storms in June, we decided that we wanted to cut down two of the tallest ones in our backyard before they came down on their own.  One, especially, looked as though it would take out part of the living room if it fell.  I had been very worried about it recently and from the looks of the stump, my feelings were warranted.  The inside was hollow, so it definitely wouldn't have lasted much longer.










After our tour of the backyard, Doug and I headed to Goshen.  We had just enough time to enjoy a beer at the Goshen Brewing Company before the senior parent meeting at Bethany.  It was nice to catch up with him in a relaxing atmosphere.  The weather was beautiful as well.  The meeting was very informative as we found out Bethany's plan for helping students with college applications and with job shadowing.  It was also sad as reminders of Richard's loss were felt throughout the night.  Cameron stayed for the Back to School night, while Doug and I enjoyed a quiet night by the bonfire pit.  It was a nice start to the weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment