Thursday, April 14, 2022

Happy "Windsday!"

So today was a Thursday, but it actually could have been called "Windsday."  We had received a wind alert from our weather app this morning, but didn't really think much about it.  We get those a lot and in general they really don't amount too much.  This time, however, the warning was well worth it.  The winds today were terrible and caused more damage than I would have predicted.

My first realization that the wind could cause some real damage was when Doug got home.  I had picked him up at Monteith after he dropped off the Pilot for an oil change.  On our way home we were stopped by a police car in the middle of the high school road.  We had to turn around and take Kern road to the high school to get to our subdivision.  By the time we had arrived to our road, there was a fire chief truck in the road as well.

I called my Dad to see if he had heard anything.  I was positive that it was a shooting.  Doug was sure that it was a tree.  In the end, he was right as my Dad called later to let us know that a tree had fallen against a power line in Woodland Acres and they were waiting for Kosciusko REMC to turn off the power so that they could remove it.  

We did end up losing power for about 30 minutes tonight while they dealt with the tree issue.  I absolutely hate being without electricity and complained loudly while it was out.  I should't have complained, however, especially when I found out that my parents lost their power at 3 p.m. and still didn't have it when they went to bed.  

Thankfully, we didn't have any other issues for the rest of the night.  Cameron still had golf practice and was proud to say that he was only four over after eight holes.  He was impressed with that as the wind was wreaking havoc on their game.  I was glad that he had fun at practice and at the track meet afterward, and that he made it home safely.  Watching the tree fall last night in the road on our way to Hot Head Burritos and seeing the one uprooted down the street from us today made me a little nervous.  

No comments:

Post a Comment