Thursday, April 28, 2022

George Dzundza

Earlier this week Cameron had some free time and decided that he wanted to watch a movie with us.  We went through a list of movies that we had already seen, but thought that he might like.  Most were thrillers, but there were a few that fell into the historical fiction genre.  After thinking about it, Cameron picked the 1987 political action thriller, "No Way Out."  Since I had been watching a lot of Kevin Costner in Yellowstone recently, I was happy to rewatch one of his early films.

The opening credits started to roll and I told Cameron that I thought there were a few actors that he might recognize in the movie that weren't big stars.  I didn't really say too much else, but as the movie progressed I pointed out to him, Fred Thompson.  Cameron didn't recognize him right away as he had only a small role.  He also had a lot more hair than he did in his Law & Order role as District Attorney, Arthur Branch.

The next actor, however, he had no problem recognizing.  George Dzundza was cast as a wheelchair bound computer expert and one of Kevin Costner's good friends.  Cameron knew him instantly as detective Greevy from the first season of Law & Order.  At first I was impressed that he recognized the actor.  Then I remembered that we had watched a lot of our favorite television series over the past two years, so I shouldn't have shocked. We all enjoyed the movie, especially the twist at the end.  In honor of the death scene of George Dzundza, as soon as the film was over, Cameron and I instantly picked a Law & Order Season 1 episode to watch.  

As much as I enjoyed the night, I was most happy to realize that the Heinisch children had all been exposed to more than just their generation of movies, music, and television growing up.  We had introduced them to many of our best-loved sources of entertainment while also enjoying a lot of their favorites.  Sharing those small parts of our lives has enhanced our relationship with our children and has made life in the Heinisch home even more fun.  No Way Out was the perfect example of that.  

No comments:

Post a Comment